Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Slightly Unsucessful Unplug and Read

I have made progress on the Dream bookmark for the Grow Your Blog prize. I have charted Topcho's Madam name, maybe since Tuesday is Mardi Gras I will be inspired to stitch Mardi Gras colors. Though not while drinking. Having a beer while watching hockey and stitching resulted in the off placement of part of the stem on Dream but it's not going to effect the placement of anything else so it stays! The TUSAL jar is hiding it a bit. ;) I swear the widgit I have on here has the wrong moon phases is today really the new moon? Also this is the start of Unplug and Read. I pledged 7+ hours and I read for about an hour and 20 min today. I had a Doctor Who due back at the library that I hadn't listened to the audio commentary or the special features on so I did that first while stitching :) The I read some crafty books and through some food magazines. Wrote up my reviews for the Library Winter Reads. The books were Eco Books by Terry Taylor and Art at the Speed of Life by Pam Carriker. Really great craft books to get you thinking. Though I did think what on earth would I do with all those books if I were to make them though it has given me second thoughts on throwing out my cereal boxes and I do have a huge bag o plastic bags. The Art at the Speed of Life was good on advice to get yourself creating everyday even if you don't do mixed media art. I did like the little art journal so there's one book I could make for myself. I haven't started the art journal challenge over at Flying Unicorn's forums though it looks like a fun challenge. I have journals but ones you write in and the pages are normal weight so a bit to flimsy. Tomorrow after work and gym I hope to get busy on some cards. I need to make a Valentine for hubs and then I had done some other bookmarks with paint chips again for my stitchy friends. Like they want another one after the Christmas ones but they were too fun not to. I missed my Aunt and Uncles Anniversary and one Aunt is about to have her 60th birthday and my other Aunt and Uncle's Anniversary is this weekend too. (For some reason they thought it was a good idea to get married on his sisters birthday but it works) I should also make a friendship card for a good friend of mine who even though we're in our 30's is still being bullied by people. It's just not right. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and makes time to read and craft this week!

5 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo good luck with all that craftiness and can't wait to have a peep at them ... sound like fun books too :) take care love mouse xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Cute bookmark :D I have never read the doctor who books i may do sometime :D

SoCal Debbie said...

The colors in your bookmark are so bright and pretty! Have fun getting all your crafty gifts ready!

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice bookmark for the Madame!
Tell your friend she should start a craft blog, you meet some really nice people that way!