Followers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Walking progress

Didn't post anything Wednesday. Mostly today I sat with hubs and watched Doctor Who while he brewed beer. Went out for a walk and it started to drizzle so had to come back before making 2 miles. I know the challenge was a mile per day but since I started late I had to get at least 1.3 and I missed a few days to rain. So far I have 14.6 miles. I've got 24.4 miles to go and there's 18 days to the 4th of July! (arg thought I had caught up and then checked 39 miles so not caught up yet.) I'll need another walking challenge after that or something to keep me motivated. And keep me away from chocolate and Dr Pepper!

I haven't crafted much. I need to do things as gifts so I can clear out my stash. Hubs is looking to move and we'll need to start packing things up and I need to get this room clean if its going to sell.

And yes I still need to work on getting the book marks out! I was trimming one in green and then I don't have the green and one is half done. The other I just need to back and mail off to Emily.

I did get books for my library's Summer Reading program and all signed up. I read a Graphic Novel of Macbeth the other night. It was OK. It was meant for getting kids interested so unlike the Merchant of Venice it didn't keep the original words and translated and had * for some other words. I guess you can understand the plot and what's going on better within the story but it lacks the elegance.

The other one I got was on Sherlock Holmes and forensics. I had gotten the Great Illustrated Works before and didn't really get to look at it. I hadn't realized I hadn't read so many of the Holmes stories. I'm enjoying reading this, it's a good nonfiction on how Doyle created the character of Holmes and it goes into detail about each of the characters. Right now I'm on a section of how fingerprinting, foot prints and there was another method that went out of fashion of taking measurements. I remember reading that bit but I didn't know what it was on about in the stories and I never went looking. The only bad thing about all this is wanting to watch Sherlock or the Jeremy Brett series and no longer having Netflix to watch it on.

My other book that I checked out was another non-fiction from the LGBT Pride Month display. I can't remember the title right off, it's a memoir of a woman who's husband is transgender. Which reminds me there was a good one I read a while back Straight: The Surprisingly Short History of Heterosexuality by Hanne Blank. It was very informative on how the term came, the history behind it and some very personal stories of her life.

The book that is still sitting in my room that I got from Target last week is Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend a novel by Matthew Dicks. Haven't started it yet but it's told from the view point of the imaginary friend of a child on the autism spectrum. It sounded like a good read and I love anything with imaginary friends to remind me that I wasn't the only one who had them and had to tell teachers to save seats for them.

Maybe Wednesday I'll have some craftings to post. I hope everyone had a good weekend and a Happy Father's Day.

6 comments:

Mouse said...

well done on the walking .. and go out in the rain you can keep dry ..lol and looking forward to seeing the crafting :) love mouse xxxxx

Rosemary said...

Melissa....your blog is wonderful!!!! Can't wait now for you to keep posting. The walking sounds fantastic....something I need to be doing but I'm having problems with the right hip now and suspect it will be replaced sometime in the fall. I have coped a lot of your cross=stitch patterns and am in the process of getting back to the cross stitch. Keep up this marvelous post!!!

Topcho said...

These books sound interesting :D I really should go check our library, thi I doubt they have anything like book clubs.
I hope you finished successfully your walking challenge!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, how are you? I don't have an email for you so I thought I'd leave a comment.

Hope all is well in your world, you have been missed in the blogoverse!

Nike Basketball Shoes said...

The majority of the sneaker is seen in a Pure Platinum leather build with leather overlays, while White Buy Release Nike Kobe 9 is seen highlighting the midsole and laces.Along the heel and branding of the shoe, a burst of Kumquat takes control and really drives that Summer-time look home.These kicks are slated to release on Saturday, June 21st for $130 at select Jordan Brand accounts.The Air Jordan V.2 Low sees a classic Air Nike Jordan Sale Jordan 11 colorway this summer.Above are photos of the recently released "Concord" Air Jordan V.2 Lows.As you can see, this V.2 Low features a familiar colorway with white occupying the Kevin Durant KD 7 Patterns White-Black toe, mid-panel, tongue, laces, and outsole.


Related Articles

kevin durant shoes

shop nike

Clipping Path said...


Absolutely gorgeous, love the sweet image and pretty details.